Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's FINALS WEEK and one week till Tanzania!

Oh my gosh this is EXACTLY how I feel about statistics.... so close to the end! So ready to be done with school! So ready to be on a jet plane on my way to Tanzania!!!

My itinerary is:
Washington DC to Doha, Qatar
Doha, Qatar to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
van from Dar to Bagamoyo

I should have reasonably consistent access to email! That is good news! I will be doing my very best to post really fun pictures and stories of my travels. If possible, maybe a video or two!

In other news, I really want to adopt a puppy when I get back! I think it would be really fun. If I get one I want to get a Beagle. Beagles are so sweet! I don't know I feel like I have too much free time at Duke. I need to be more busy so I don't waste so much time doing nothing.

Look at the sweet beagle! I want him!!!! Also I am glad I've decided to return to the program next year. I think I just have to get more involved and meet new people. There's a lot to look forward to in the fall:

September
-Basketball Campout
-Birthday weekend in NYC

October
-Fall Break in Boston with Chrissy
-Allyson visits
-Halloween in Chapel Hill

November
-Net Impact conference in Ithaca
-Thanksgiving

Also in the fall Rachel will be coming to visit one weekend and I might go to DC for a short weekend or something. We shall see! It will be interesting to see what happens, I am really looking forward to having a break from school for the summer and focusing on immersing myself in Tanzanian culture, learning Swahili, meeting new people, traveling, challenging myself, and growing as a person.

I will miss all my friends and family! Make sure you click to follow the blog so you get my updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment