
Well I'm working on tons of homework but dreaming about Africa. Today I got to school before 7am, worked up till class at 8:30, spent 3 hours on stats after class, panicked about econ, was consoled during office hours, read for development the rest of the day...
Here's a little quote I really like right now, it fits how I feel about things:
"Somewhere we know that without silence words lose their meaning, that without listening speaking no longer heals, that without distance closeness cannot cure." - Henri Nouwen
I'm trying to focus inward on the things I can do to be the best me I can be... sometimes moving on from difficult situations requires distance, sometimes for longer than I care to imagine. I think there are things, definitely things that I would redo, the mistakes that I have made and would unmake if I could... but, Africa will be the best cure for that. I need the space and distance. MPPland is overwhelming at times, I feel like the tabloid cover more often than not. This is my own accord as well, I have always worn my heart on my sleeve and I have a very loud and open and honest personality. This gets me into trouble...
I got to thinking about PiPhi today, especially after talking with Allyson and listening to the piphi rap song.. hahha... it amazes me that I still feel such a strong connection to those amazing women. I feel very lucky in life, all aspects of life, even though this year in grad school isn't what I thought it would be, not quite anyway.
I feel very happy. I have wonderful friends and family. I am healthy and happy. Life is good.
dallyson.
ReplyDeleteyou feel very happy?Ohh good very good.
ReplyDelete