Sunday, April 12, 2009

Top 5... Holidays


Happy Easter Sunday, everyone!!!! The card on the right is one of my fav Easter jokes, Courtney had this on a shirt and I always laughed when I saw it. Found the image online... awesome!

Top 5 Holidays....

1. Christmas

This has to be number one... I love Christmastime, surprising people with gifts, decorating the house and tree, singing Christmas carols, eating Christmas goodies... hehe. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

2. My Birthday

This is number two because it's so much fun to get older! I know I sound crazy but I just love my birthday - any excuse to celebrate with friends and family, and thinking about "the year of"... like the year of 21 was a pretty whirlwind year! The year of 22 was "the rebuilding year" - like a sports team, not every year is the national championship haha. Plus it's just fun... this is my second favorite holiday.

3. 4th of July

While I am by no stretch of the imagination Miss America, I do love the 4th of July. I've had some random ones too - 2005, spent dressed in red white and blue at an Irish pub in London, England! 2007 in Rome at the Hard Rock Cafe where Steven ordered a cupcake and we sang happy birthday to America really loud! I also look back on time with the family at the concerts on the field with fried chicken and my famous red white and blue jello pie! Plus fireworks you just can't beat!

4. Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving because of the traditions my family has. Thanksgiving morning we ALWAYS watch the parade... while mom cooks all day! We have a big thanksgiving dinner and then afterwards we watch "The Santa Clause" Tim Allen movie it is hilarious if you haven't seen it you must! The day after we always decorate the house and get out the Snow Village, sometimes Jenni and I can convince mom to go shopping and brave the malls! Last year we were in NYC we missed Daddy but it was still really fun. Year before I was in Italy... year before that Jenni was in Philadelphia... year before that Dad was in Hawaii... so this year I'm hoping for Thanksgiving as a family in Florida :)

5. Easter

My favorite thing about Easter is of course JESUS! It's an amazing holiday when you think about the symbolism of Jesus rising from the dead and springtime, the Earth coming back to life, flowers and green and sunny days... Second favorite thing about Easter is the Reese's peanut butter eggs, they are so delicious. Third favorite thing is looking for the eggs, but now that I'm 23 my parents won't do that anymore... bummer.

So those are my top 5 holidays - happy Easter everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment