Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Blues...

Countdown to Tanzania continues... I'm excited to meet all the volunteers and become immersed in local culture and language. Starting to learn swahili... hamjambo! This is a greeting for a group, it just means hi!

Wish I could take credit for this picture but it's not mine! Once I get to Tanzania I will be posting my own pictures, though. Very excited. I've actually already started PACKING and setting aside things I won't be needing till I head over there. I'm not packing a lot - certainly not nearly as much as when I lived in London and Rome.

Still trying to adjust to new medications... I am feeling particularly drowsy, tired, no energy today. Very frustrating... hope things get stable soon! Before I know it I'll be leavin on a jet plane.... don't know when I'll be back again!

Quote of the moment:

"Were you ever kind... were you always cruel Who's ever seen that other side of you? Happens every time, so it must be true Where did you learn it's either me or you?"
~ Guster, Either Way

It's a good song and the quote is very applicable to certain things at this moment in time... I am missing my family and friends.


Here is my carry-all bag for Tanzania... it's the WFP Food Bag that is made of the same material as the food we donate is carried in. I love it, plus it carries a million things which is always good for happy-go-lucky me, I always need something with me...

Last, thoughts and prayers with my family this week. Lots of unknowns but lots of love and hope.

Adieu ~

No comments:

Post a Comment