
I got my volunteer placement! I will be working at the Bagamoyo Anglican Nursery with small children. I will be teaching English and helping run the day care. I'm so excited! This was my first choice. Many of these children have lost family members to HIV/AIDS.
I'm really thrilled about my volunteer placement. Everything is lining up nicely, and I feel very ready to head to Africa and start this amazing experience.
I will miss my family and friends of course, so much, but I feel extremely confident that this is where I'm supposed to be.
A ship in the harbor is always safe. But that is not what ships are made for.
In other news I have finalized my class schedule for the fall! I am taking:
1. Masters Project I
2. Public Management
3. Public Expenditures
4. Public Policy of Environment & Health
5. Democracy and Demography of Africa (AUDIT)
I don't know my TA assignment yet but I have my fingers crossed....
No comments:
Post a Comment