Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Staying in Tanzania


Big news, I'm staying in Tanzania! There is still so much I want to accomplish and I can't leave a job undone. I'm feeling MUCH better and am so grateful for my incredibly patient family who is still supporting me in my crazy adventures!

My last 2 and a half weeks I plan to finish writing letters with my kids - and get to the end of the alphabet - also hopefully the school supplies from Courtney and my family will arrive and I'll get to post some pictures of my kids with their school supplies! I also am painting my own African-style painting that will be a gift for my baby cousins in North Carolina (Uncle John and Aunt Karen don't tell Zeke and Sebastian!). I'm also making the HIV/AIDS curriculum Nick and I created as a presentation part of UKUN, the HIV/AIDS organization here and getting other volunteers involved!

I'm really thrilled that I'm staying... thank you all for your continued support and prayers. I'm planning on staying healthy and making a difference these last couple weeks.
Ghandi said it best.... YOU must be the change you wish to see in the world!

Picture: one of my kids – Lightness – she is precious

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better and want to finish your work. We hope you stay healthy -- I know you're PLANNING to stay healthy, but I'm guessing you didn't PLAN on malaria.
    Your painting secret is safe with us.
    Can't wait to see it and you!

    ReplyDelete