Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bon Voyage, Jenni!

As many of you know, my sister Jenni is leaving for the Peace Corps VERY soon - in just two days she will be on her way to DC to meet the other volunteers, and then from there heads to the Dominican Republic for intense training! I am so super proud of her. Last weekend, for President's Day, I went home for the weekend to send her off! I got in late Thursday night, and Friday I caught up with my friend Jessica for one (or two, or three) mojitos and then had a family dinner at Sabore! That night Jenni and I went out to listen to some live music with my best friend Courtney - our friend Brian was playing at a local bar. We had a blast!


Saturday was a nice relaxing day - I spent the whole day with my family. Jenni was loading up on carbs for her big run Sunday - she ran a half marathon!!! I was impressed and inspired to start running again myself! She made great time too, under two and a half hours!



Sunday night we had a Bon Voyage party for her, very much in theme with her heading to the Dominican Republic. Catered by Emilianos and thanks to my Tateen and Papi bringing homemade seven layer dip AND homemade flan, there was tons of delicious food! I also got to see one of my best friend Janeen and her beautiful daughter Chloe who is going to be one year old in just a month, I can't believe it!

While I am going to miss Jenni I'm very proud of her heading out on this adventure - she is going to do amazing things and I could not be more excited for her to start the adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment