New York Road Runners!!! Update - I just joined the New York Road Runners, which is the umbrella organization for all of the major runs in NYC, from 5Ks to the New York City Marathon. When you're part of road runners, you can register for all these races. I realized, as successful as I have been at losing weight and being really happy about that, I wanted a fitness goal. I love running although I'm not a fast runner - far from it! But I realized watching my sister run the Gainesville half marathon that I love the idea of having a goal and working towards it - even if I know I'm the last one to cross the finish line. So on that note, I've joined the road runners and I registered for my first run - a 4 mile race in April. I can run 3 miles easily, so getting to 4 should not be too hard! I hope to keep it up from there, perhaps running a 10K or a 15K! All I know is I'm going to work hard to have a constant fitness goal so that I stay motivated and have something to work for!

No comments:
Post a Comment