My first weekend in Bagamoyo was amazing! The painting above – I bought! It is beautiful and I love the colors. It was a steal, the art in Bagamoyo is all incredible and unique and is so inexpensive compared to art in the US or Europe.
Eva and I went shopping on Pemba street for fabric, then we went to a tailor named Pele who is custom making us Capri pants and skirts with African fabric. They are amazing! And the fabric is really light and comfortable in the hot Tanzanian sun!
Friday afternoon Nick and Eva and I spent 5 hours at the beach. The water is so shallow you can walk out for yards and yards and not go deep, you feel like you’re in the middle of the ocean but you’re only in up to your knees! The water is blue green and sparkles in the sunlight, it’s so relaxing especially after crazy days teaching the kids!
The down time I spent studying Swahili and trying to plan trips! This weekend Nick, Eva and I are going to Zanzibar, an island off the coast of Tanzania in the Indian Ocean. We are heading to the north part of the island to the beach of Kendwa, just near Nugwu. It’s supposed to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, so I hope to post some amazing pictures next week!
Africa is incredible, I’m absolutely in love with the country and the people and the culture. My program is overwhelming yet at the same time I think it’s a great first step onto this continent. There are a lot of luxuries I enjoy – like internet, electricity, and security – that I wouldn’t get from another program. I battle at times feeling like I’m not immersed enough but then I go to school and walk the town and I feel much more in-touch. And I feel confidant that this will not be my last trip to this continent.
Until next time… baddaye!
Eva and I went shopping on Pemba street for fabric, then we went to a tailor named Pele who is custom making us Capri pants and skirts with African fabric. They are amazing! And the fabric is really light and comfortable in the hot Tanzanian sun!
Friday afternoon Nick and Eva and I spent 5 hours at the beach. The water is so shallow you can walk out for yards and yards and not go deep, you feel like you’re in the middle of the ocean but you’re only in up to your knees! The water is blue green and sparkles in the sunlight, it’s so relaxing especially after crazy days teaching the kids!
The down time I spent studying Swahili and trying to plan trips! This weekend Nick, Eva and I are going to Zanzibar, an island off the coast of Tanzania in the Indian Ocean. We are heading to the north part of the island to the beach of Kendwa, just near Nugwu. It’s supposed to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, so I hope to post some amazing pictures next week!
Africa is incredible, I’m absolutely in love with the country and the people and the culture. My program is overwhelming yet at the same time I think it’s a great first step onto this continent. There are a lot of luxuries I enjoy – like internet, electricity, and security – that I wouldn’t get from another program. I battle at times feeling like I’m not immersed enough but then I go to school and walk the town and I feel much more in-touch. And I feel confidant that this will not be my last trip to this continent.
Until next time… baddaye!
No comments:
Post a Comment