This past weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go - it had been such a long time since I'd seen so many people, and it was the first time seeing my friends since I got engaged! I was lucky that most of my high school friends were able to make it! I was happily reunited with my best friend and Maid of Honor, Courtney, as well as three of my bridesmaids - Ashley, Janeen, and Jessica. The reunion was a whole weekend of events - I got to go to Friday and Saturday night's events. Friday's was a mixer and it was a blast! The music was throwback to early 2000 hits, reminding all of us of our high school days! I was reunited with several friends from high school including Amanda and Julie (in the picture below).
Saturday night was the main event! There were a couple slideshows, talking about what grads are doing now and their favorite memories from high school. There were also a few fun "alumni superlatives" - a take off of senior superlatives. I won "most traveled" for my world travels (22 countries and counting!!). We also had a super cute photo booth with big "2003" balloons that we could take fun pictures together. I was so proud of my friend Ashley for organizing the entire thing, she did an amazing job! Here's my favorite picture from the weekend: Me, Ashley, and Janeen in the photo booth!
I can't even imagine how much life will change before our 20 year reunion! So much has happened in the last 10 years. I'm so grateful for my enduring friendships with my friends that will be part of my wedding to Nate (who I also met in high school)! While I've changed a lot, I will always be so thankful for the four years I spent at GHS! Go hurricanes!!
Saturday night was the main event! There were a couple slideshows, talking about what grads are doing now and their favorite memories from high school. There were also a few fun "alumni superlatives" - a take off of senior superlatives. I won "most traveled" for my world travels (22 countries and counting!!). We also had a super cute photo booth with big "2003" balloons that we could take fun pictures together. I was so proud of my friend Ashley for organizing the entire thing, she did an amazing job! Here's my favorite picture from the weekend: Me, Ashley, and Janeen in the photo booth!
I can't even imagine how much life will change before our 20 year reunion! So much has happened in the last 10 years. I'm so grateful for my enduring friendships with my friends that will be part of my wedding to Nate (who I also met in high school)! While I've changed a lot, I will always be so thankful for the four years I spent at GHS! Go hurricanes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment