Okay. I admit it.
I've been a bad blogger as of late.
I have this terrible habit of being really good about blogging, falling behind, and then some two months later I update on the past couple months. It drags on because (of course) I'm a perfectionist about my posts and I never want to skip anything. So without further delay, let's catch up on October!
It was a nice and relaxing first half of the month. We spent a disproportionate amount of time on the weekends walking Central Park. Honestly I can't get enough. And we're starting to really learn the park - remember where favorite spots are, where trails lead to. I've also gone running a bit. We really enjoy it. We miss Prospect Park at times, but it's so nice to be the same distance in Manhattan from a large park. You can forget you're in the city!
We also discovered Pier One, which is a new favorite for the warm weather months.You have to take a staircase from Riverside Drive down by the Hudson River, and then the Pier goes out into the river a ways and you get a beautiful view of the Upper West Side.
We also had a great visit from my parents halfway through the month. My parents are New Yorkers at heart, and fly up to visit as much as they can. This visit I was able to give my parents a tour of the United Nations headquarters, including the General Assembly Hall and the Security Council Chambers. I have a great picture of my dad and I in the Security Council:
They also treated us to a new restaurant experience - Nobu - an incredible Japanese restaurant in Tribeca. It's been on my want-to-go-to list for at least 10 years, and it didn't disappoint. Lobster in spicy sauce, tuna with jalapeno, and so many more amazing dishes. We also tried an Italian Salumeria in our neighborhood that had great salami and cheeses and wines. And we returned to Dizzy's Jazz Club in Columbus Circle for live jazz, it's my parents' new favorite (and I get credit, thanks to a friend who introduced me to the place!). All in all it was a GREAT weekend!
More posts to come! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment