
Beginning of November Nate and I were lucky to be able to join his family in Saint Augustine for a relaxing beach weekend. It was perfect as we were both recovering from being sick and just wanted to spend quality time with family. His parents came up from Gainesville and his sister, her husband, and baby Tanner came from Colorado. I brough him an Elmo hat - which I think he likes (even if I'm being somewhat pushy about it, haha!). We got to see them this summer in Colorado, but even in the short amount of time since then Tanner had changed so much! Talking more, already taller and so much more mobile than when we saw him in May.
We got cool but nice weather our first day, and spent a lot of time walking the beach. It was so nice just to be out under clear skies and wide open spaces - nothing like New York! Plus we both spent a lot of time at St Augustine Beach/Crescent Beach growing up, so it is a place filled with lots of happy memories :)
Nate & I at St. Augustine Beach
Nate, Me, Angie, & Ryan at St. Augustine BeachWe were also lucky that my family was able to join us, and my parents and sister Jenni were able to meet Angie, Ryan and Tanner. Jenni and Tanner in particular hit it off. You can see her reading to him and they both get excited at the same part of the book:

It was great to have our families together! And it was a super relaxing and fun weekend. Hope we get to do it again soon!
Both families: Quenta, Larry, Jenni, Allan, Eadie, Me, Angie, & Nate
No comments:
Post a Comment