The mamas visited!!! We had a great weekend – my mom and Nate’s mom both came up from Florida for the long weekend – President’s Day. We had so much fun! They flew in Friday morning while Nate and I were at work and so we met up with them after work for an early dinner at Bar Americain. They had fun drinks (I had a yummy Cosmopolitan) and great food for dinner (lamb chops!) – I didn’t want to leave so early but we had tickets to Wicked! My mom and I saw Wicked on Broadway back in 2006 but were so excited to see it again! Everyone loved it – especially Nate’s mom who liked the different perspective from the classic story in the Wizard of Oz.

Saturday we took our moms to our favorite place for lunch – Grimaldi’s. It has the best pizza I’ve had in the US! After that we walked around the Brooklyn Bridge Park before heading back to the apartment to get ready for our night out. We had dinner and drinks at Dizzy’s Jazz Nightclub (another one of our favorites) and we were joined by my sister Jenni and her friend Nick who was visiting!

After Dizzy’s performance by an amazing group featuring a marimba player, we headed to Times Square and the Marriott Marquis for dessert and wine at the 40th floor revolving restaurant. It’s appropriately called “The View” and Saturday was a clear night, so the view was incredible! We tried to get some great pictures of everyone – there’s a cute one of me and Nate, but then a very funny one of my sister, my mom and me laughing!


Sunday we took in some sightseeing! We went up to the Upper West Side (our future neighborhood) to the Natural History Museum! We walked through the African animals (which reminded me so much of my safari in Africa I got nostalgic!) as well as the upper floors featuring dinosaur fossils reassembled into massive replications. The tee rex was particularly scary! After that my mom and I went up to have sushi with Jenni in Morningside Heights and Nate and his mom returned to Park Slope for Chinese food! That night there was snow so we stayed in – the next morning it was really pretty out.

And Nate had to work, so the girls did some sightseeing – Grand Central Station, the UN, and toured Columbia’s campus with Jenni. We all met for Mexican for lunch, and Nate got the afternoon off, so we headed down to Bryant Park for a little shopping – souvenirs for Eadie. I also got a very funny picture of them in the park:

All in all it was a great visit and we loved having our moms here!
No comments:
Post a Comment