
So a couple weeks ago I had a surprise trip to Gainesville – well it wasn’t a surprise to everyone! My parents knew I was coming – but I flew into town to surprise my friend Janeen for her baby shower. Janeen and I have been friends over ten years – since beginning of high school – and we’ve stayed close despite going to different colleges and living in different cities. She is so special to me and I was excited to be there – and I know how much she loves surprises! I really committed to it too – Friday night I was sitting at home with my parents when I wrote a facebook status about “staying in for the night with my sweetheart” – and my mom commented “miss you! I’ll tell Janeen you say hi!” Hahaha so we really had her fooled!

I arrived early for the shower and surprised Janeen by walking in behind a whole bunch of balloons! Shortly after, our friend Ashley arrived and the three of us got to catch up before the shower started. Ashley and I have been friends since high school as well, and she lives in Orlando but was in town for the shower. These two ladies are such special friends to me, I love them so much! It's also hard to believe Janeen is going to be a mommy - we are really growing up! She is going to be amazing, I am so excited for her!

And of course, I had to bring the baby a New York present – an I <3 NY onesie! It’s too cute! I am sure once the baby is old enough she WILL love New York and hopefully she’ll get a chance to visit when she is old enough to appreciate it!


The rest of the weekend was perfect – relaxing and fun. My parents, grandmother and I had a special dinner at Embers and I also got to catch up with one of my OLDEST friends (she’s not old – but we have known each other since the 2nd grade!). Erica was in town (she lives in North Carolina actually) for her niece’s birthday so I was lucky to get to see Erica and her family at one of our favorite Gainesville restaurants – Las Margaritas! It was a wonderful weekend and while I love coming home, I was also really happy to head to my current home – New York City – with my sweetheart.
No comments:
Post a Comment