After months of speculation (and much anticipation on my part) I have officially been offered a job and appointed as a Consultant in Global Partnerships for the United Nations World Food Programme! The picture here is of the WFP logo outside our headquarters in Rome, Italy. There are offices all over the world, and I will be working in our office at the UN Headquarters in New York City. I am joining the New York team, which is very exciting! I am thrilled to be returning to the organization I interned for 3 years ago right after I graduated from FSU! I start work August 1st.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is an incredible organization that provides hunger relief around the world particularly during emergencies. WFP is the expert on getting food to people as soon as disaster hits, and has assisted in crises such as the Haiti earthquake, the 2005 Tsunami, and the dire situation in Sudan. I will be working specifically with our corporate partnerships division that establishes relationships with leading corporations to assist in WFP missions. Some of our current partners include TNT (international shipping), Vodafone (international cell phone provider), Unilever (consumer products), and YUM! Brands (Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell restaurant chains). Below is a picture of the UN headquarters – I’m not actually working in this building, I’m working in our office down the street :)
This is my first job out of grad school, and I could not be more excited about the opportunity! I move next week to New York City, and Nate and I will have some time to get to know the city and settle into our new apartment. We are living in Park Slope, Brooklyn, which is a fantastic area! We are near tons of shops and restaurants, well connected to the metro and just a few minutes from Manhattan. Our apartment is 2 bedrooms, wood floors, extra high ceilings, and brand new lighting and appliances! It is perfect! We are just a 5 minute walk to the metro, Prospect Park, and Atlantic Avenue (which has a Target!). It couldn’t be a better fit for us! Below is a picture of our apartment building and street – our building is the white brick building – and it’s a beautiful street!
No comments:
Post a Comment