Courtney and I had a FABULOUS time in Italy! It was great to return to the World Food Programme – where I was able to present my applied Master’s Thesis on a fundraising strategy for a particular industry. Courtney really enjoyed the pastries our first day:
Returning to WFP was great and the presentation went really well! It was exciting to be back, and in a different capacity than when I was an intern:
Once my presentation finished, we headed to Orvieto, a small medieval town in the region of Umbria, just south of Toscana (Tuscany). The views were incredible:
Our last night we had dinner at Le Grotte del Funaro, a restaurant recommended by my mom’s best friend Gamin. It is carved out of a cave, and was a blast. We ended up dancing at a private party downstairs at an Italian grandmother’s birthday!
We returned to Rome and saw some more fun sights, including the Trevi Fountain (at night) and the Spanish steps - in full bloom, which I had not seen before, and of course, Bocca Della Verita (the mouth of truth) highlighted in the film Roman Holiday (one of my favorites, thanks to my Rach!):
We spent a lovely afternoon in Villa Borghese where we had a picnic lunch – prosciutto, cheese, bread, and olive dolce (sweet olives). We also went on a boat ride in Villa Borghethe parkse! We took turns rowing, but I mastered it and rowed for most of our time on the lake.
We also had an apertivo with WFP former interns – I was reunited with Cristiana, Emily, Cat, Federica, and Gabriella!
All in all, it was the perfect trip! It was wonderful to return to Italy where I lived for 7 months and to take my best friend, who is learning Italian, on her first trip to this amazing country. We couldn’t have asked for better weather, food, and friends!
This last photo I couldn't resist - it is quintessential Italy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment