Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adventures in Bicycling and Singing


I have a newfound respect for bikers! I have recently purchased a bike so that I can go by myself to school in the morning and to my afternoon placement at the ngo in the afternoon. The morning ride is beautiful – I bike past hotels, the fish market, and I get there in record time! Cars fly by me though it can be quite scary!

Also, the little kids see you biking and they will run behind you and hop on! I had 3 hanging on the back yesterday I was convinced I was going to crash and have all 4 of us in big trouble! I don’t have a front brake and this isn’t a mountain bike so going up hills can be something of a challenge (and downhill, for that matter, I have to be careful not to pick up too much speed!).

Saturday Nick and I taught music – an additional music class – at the primary school. We taught them Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours” and to hear them all sing in unison was amazing.

“I won’t hesitate no more, no more
This cannot wait – I’m sure
There’s no need to complicate
Our time is short – this is our fate
I’m Yours”

We also sang the Beatles “Let It Be” – it was an amazing morning. Their voices give me chills! I wish you could hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment