Friday, November 7, 2014

Farewell, March of Dimes

Wednesday was my last day at the March of Dimes. I can't believe how quickly two years flew by. When I started at March of Dimes Nate and I weren't even engaged yet, Siena was just a few months old, and I'd just finished visiting my sister in the Dominican Republic (she's now been out of the Peace Corps for 6 months!). Time really does fly, and I'm so thankful for everything I learned at the March of Dimes, all my amazing coworkers, and the friends I've made. Some of the things I'm most proud of include creating the organization's first Instagram handles and building the followings (@marchofdimes is poised to hit 5,000 by the end of 2014!). I'm also very proud of working on World Prematurity Day and covering live on social media as major buildings and sights across the globe went purple at nightfall for prematurity awareness (including the Empire State Building and Niagara Falls!). I also helped advocate for a WPD tee shirt, this year we sold more than twice what we sold last year. While leaving is always bittersweet, I'm excited that I can watch a lot of our initiatives continue on social media. I'm grateful for the opportunity and excited for the next challenge that awaits. Below is my favorite picture from my time at March of Dimes, it's me and my coworkers on World Prematurity Day last year wearing our "Hugs Heal" shirts:


Next week I start at US Fund for UNICEF. I can't wait for the next chapter to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment