Sunday, November 2, 2014
Back to Running!
Today is the 2014 New York City Marathon! It's an exciting day - lots of our friends are running for different charities and organizations. It's a windy but clear day and hopefully a lot of fun for all of them. I started thinking about when I was in New York Road Runners and how much fun I had gearing up for races, before I fell and sprained my ankle and missed the Brooklyn Half back in 2013.
Inspired by my friends running the marathon today, I have rejoined Road Runners and registered for a fun Jingle Bell Jog in Brooklyn first weekend in December. It's a 4 mile race, just over a 5K, and should be the perfect length to get back into running. I was really loving it, before I fell, and I love having goals!
It's no secret my long commute and post-honeymoon I've gained (more than) a little weight. So much is changing for the better right now, and it seems like the perfect time to hop back on the running bandwagon and set some goals for 2015 - like running a half marathon and maybe trying to run the 2015 marathon for charity!
We will see, right now I'm taking things day by day, week by week. I've got a few weeks to get back into running before we go to Paris, and then a week after we get back before my first running event. Stay tuned for more running adventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment