I didn't blog as much in 2013. In a lot of ways, the year was a disappointment. There were some amazing highlights - like Nate and I getting engaged and my opportunity to travel to the Dominican Republic twice to see my sister. I also started a great new job. But in other ways, it was disappointing. A lot of waiting, some personal struggles, and some painful endings. It was, in sports terms, a "rebuilding year" and that's okay to have sometimes. This fall I lost a lot of the "stress weight" I put on at the end of 2012 and I'm feeling fit and happy.
2014 is off to an amazing start. We rang in the New Year with our best friends, the second year we've done so and it's my favorite new tradition! We are so excited for what this year has in store - our engagement party in Gainesville is just a few weeks away and it's followed shortly by the wedding of a dear college friend and member of the Breakfast Club. Spring is a busy time at work with March for Babies, and I have two bachelorette parties to attend (my own, and my friend Erica's) and then in June, it's our wedding and honeymoon! Fall is rapidly filling up as well - I know this is going to be a year to remember. Right now I'm feeling really thankful and grateful for our amazing families and friends and my own little family, my wonderful understanding, patient, and unconditionally loving fiance and sweet little pup Siena.
Here are a few favorite pictures from last night/early this morning:
Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment