What a busy month it's been! My parents and sister came to visit for over a week (and my best friend Courtney joined for the weekend) and after that, work got crazy! I've just now been able to sit down and recap their great visit. I don't think the four of us - my family - have really been together in a couple years now, just us! They arrived on Sunday and we had an amazing dinner at Balthazar - Nate and I were excited to introduce them to it!
Monday I took the day off work and just the four of us went for lunch at Pearl Oyster Bar, my parents' all-time favorite lunch spot in the city. We treated ourselves to lobster rolls and raw oysters and the famous clam chowder. It was the absolute perfect day all together!
We also took in Nobu and Capital Grille, so we were spoiled in terms of food. Nobu was Jenni's first experience and it did not disappoint! I had spicy lobster tempura, my favorite dish there. It is always fun when all of us are together, Nate is part of the family now!
Thursday night, Courtney arrived and Friday was dress shopping at a few places! I could not have been happier to have my mom and my two Maids of Honor - my sister and best friend - with me as I found the perfect wedding dress. I feel so lucky to have this amazing family and all these special memories leading up to our wedding day. The dress I found was at Kleinfeld (although no, I did not "say yes to the dress" or anything like that - it was a lot more low key than that!). Here are a few pics of us dress shopping:
As for pictures of the THE dress... you didn't think I'd post to the blog, did you? You'll all have to wait until June 7, 2014! ;)
Monday I took the day off work and just the four of us went for lunch at Pearl Oyster Bar, my parents' all-time favorite lunch spot in the city. We treated ourselves to lobster rolls and raw oysters and the famous clam chowder. It was the absolute perfect day all together!
We also took in Nobu and Capital Grille, so we were spoiled in terms of food. Nobu was Jenni's first experience and it did not disappoint! I had spicy lobster tempura, my favorite dish there. It is always fun when all of us are together, Nate is part of the family now!
Thursday night, Courtney arrived and Friday was dress shopping at a few places! I could not have been happier to have my mom and my two Maids of Honor - my sister and best friend - with me as I found the perfect wedding dress. I feel so lucky to have this amazing family and all these special memories leading up to our wedding day. The dress I found was at Kleinfeld (although no, I did not "say yes to the dress" or anything like that - it was a lot more low key than that!). Here are a few pics of us dress shopping:
As for pictures of the THE dress... you didn't think I'd post to the blog, did you? You'll all have to wait until June 7, 2014! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment