Saturday, December 29, 2012

Upcoming Adventures Announcement - Dominican Republic


More exciting news!!!

My Christmas gift from my parents this year is a visit to see my sister Jenni who is serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Dominican Republic! I will be going for a week, leaving next Friday and coming back a week later before I start my new job.

The Dominican Republic, or "DR" as she calls it, is located in the Caribbean on the isle of Hispaniola which it shares with Haiti. It is due west of Puerto Rico and east of Jamaica. It's a wonderful country and my sister loves it and I can't wait to meet her host family and friends in her community!

This will be my first but not last trip - Nate and I are planning to visit Memorial Day weekend in May. That trip, however, will probably just be to the beach as we will not have enough time to journey into the center of the country to my sister's site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment