So... it's November?!
I know. Tell me about it. It will be 2013 in two months. I can't even... let's not talk about it. I can't believe it for a second. I actually can't wait to sum up 2012... it's the historian in me. GAH I can't think about it yet. Out of control.
So anyway, back to the October Health Challenge! I'm most certainly holding myself accountable, so let's run through the challenges and see how I did!
1. Stick to Weight Watchers. Done and done. I tracked every single day, rarely going over my suggested daily points, occasionally dipping into activity points, and not once dipping into the weekly flex points. Can I say winning? Is that too 2011? I feel like saying it, so there.
2. No alcohol. Did it. 31 days without a happy hour, glass of wine with dinner, or anything. I am super proud of myself for adhering to this because it absolutely made a difference in jump starting the healthy challenge. I'm looking forward to treating myself to a glass of wine this weekend!
3. No carbonated beverages. I think I mostly passed. One day I had seltzer water at a happy hour just to have something fun to sip on. It has carbonation, but no syrup. So technically I broke this rule once, but the goal was to avoid Diet sodas and energy drinks so from the true intention of this challenge, I succeeded.
4. Dinners at home. Cheated twice. Both times were sushi delivery. I feel like this is acceptable. At least it's healthy - we never get the fried rolls, always the ones with raw fish and veggies rolled in a little bit of rice.
5. Working out. Did well every week except this recent week due to Hurricane Sandy (bad weather, new puppy, gym closed).
So... how am I feeling about it? I'm super proud of myself. Without going into all the details... I will say it was a double-digit weight loss month. And I believe people are beautiful no matter what their size, but I knew I'd lost my healthy habits and I needed a strict month to jump start the motivation. I'm looking forward to enjoying some things, like eating out, in moderation in the next month. I'm looking forward to continuing to work out, get back into running, etc. It doesn't stop here.
The bottom line? You can do anything you set your mind to.

No comments:
Post a Comment