The second part of my contract break was flying to Atlanta,
followed by Florida. I stopped in Atlanta for 4 days to see one of my best
friends Chrissy and celebrate her 27th birthday. Like me, she’s a
planner and we had a busy and fun weekend planned! My first night we went to
lunch at JCT Kitchen which was absolutely fabulous – it’s like an upscale twist
on traditional southern cooking. I had chicken and ricotta dumplings and a
mac-n-cheese with a bacon twist (incredible). After eating we were treated to
live music upstairs with stunning views of downtown Atlanta:
Friday we headed to the World of Coca-Cola which has changed a LOT since I first visited it back in the 1990s. Really interactive and fun with exhibits of past advertising, it was a unique way to see the history of this beverage and its impact on the world. We also got to meet the very large polar bear mascot, which was not at all intimidating (okay, a little bit intimidating – he was VERY tall!):
Friday night we went to dinner in Decatur, which is a really cool area of Atlanta, I loved it. The dinner was amazing too, tapas and sangria at the Iberian Pig. Highly recommend it! It was fun to celebrate Chrissy’s birthday with all her Atlanta girlfriends, some who I’d met before and some who I hadn’t.
Saturday we went boating all day on Lake Lanier – total
blast. A huge group of us rented a pontoon boat and we spent the day eating,
drinking and swimming – couldn’t ask for anything more!
Finally, my last day we took in Stone Mountain, which I was
dying, to see again! It was too hot for me to hike it (my tolerance for heat
and humidity has clearly plummeted) but it was still a beautiful sight to see:
It was a great trip to Atlanta and I’m so glad I got to
visit! Every year I’m more and more thankful for the friends I have and my ability
to travel and see them wherever they go. It’s not easy and I wish I could go
more frequently but I really treasure weekends like this!
Stay tuned for parts 3 and 4 of my break… Florida vacation
and Costa Rica!

No comments:
Post a Comment