
This year for our birthdays, Nate and I decided instead of gifts, we'd rather have an experience! So a month ago we made a reservation at Babbo, Mario Batali's West Village Italian restaurant. I'd been before with my parents years ago (almost 10!) and knew it would be great and that Nate would love it!
We did the pasta tasting course which was AMAZING! We also did the wine pairing with each course, which really added to the experience. Both of our favorite pastas was the Garganelli with Funghi Trifolati, a mushroom cream pasta that was out of this world good! It was also paired with a delicious red wine. We each had a different dessert and I loved mine as well - an olive oil rosemary cake with olive oil gelato - sounds weird, but it's really great especially for me, I'm not a super-sweet fan and I prefer dark, bitter, or salty desserts.
It was an incredible birthday experience and I'm so glad we did it! Happy 28th birthday to my sweetheart and happy 26th birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment