Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday & Housewarming Party!

After Nate and I moved to our new apartment we tried, very unsuccessfully, to have a housewarming party. Summer was just too crazy there was never enough time! So when I realized my birthday fell on a Saturday, I thought it would be great to have a housewarming/birthday party! So glad we did too - it was such a fun Saturday.



The BEST surprise was when at 9:30am my little sister knocked on the door! I had no idea she was coming and it was such a fun surprise! She helped me and Nate grocery shop and cook all day - we made TONS of appetizers. We had Swedish meatballs in a mushroom cream sauce, cranberry brie bites (Jenni's recipe, so easy and so good!), mini french onion quiches, Italian stuffed mushroom caps (stuffed with fontina, parmasean cheeses, and diced sundried tomatos and celery), homemade pumpkin bread, homemade guacamole, salami prosciutto and mozzarella platter, ranch dip and veggies, and macaroons from a nearby bakery. It was super good:



So much has changed in a year in NYC - we have amazing friends that came by! Josh & Melissa, Nate's best friends from college:



Our friend Etienne, awesome guy and amazing trumpet player!



My piphi friends that I met through the alumni club - Jen and Lauren!



Amanda, a fellow ACR and PiPhi, and her boyfriend Steven:



And lots of friends from work!



I feel so lucky to celebrate with awesome friends and family! It was the perfect day! Thanks to everyone who made it special, especially my sister and sweet boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment