Sigh.
I mourn the loss of summer. This week apparently marks the beginning of fall, which in our household is met with mixed feelings. Most of these fillings being bitterness.
Let me explain: Nate and I are both Floridians. We grew up in a year of mostly summer, 2 days of fall and spring, and a usually weak and mild winter that lasts all of a couple months. We are thin-skinned for cold weather.
I ADORE fall. But fall reminds me winter is coming. And I just hate the northern winters. They depress me. I miss the sunshine. I hate puffer jackets that leave you shapeless. I hate wearing only boots for at least a month on end. I miss flip flops, dresses, the green and the warmth. Mostly, I am a total wimp.
I will do my best to enjoy the fall and not totally dread the coming winter... because I love December, I loved the snow the day after Christmas (magical!). But after New Year's, I'm over it. Bring on the spring. Except no spring. February. No spring. March. Maybe a nice day here and there. But no spring. Still snow. April. RAIN. More sadness. Then May. We emerge from the winter depression with thoughts of outdoor happy hours, sunshine, picnics in the park...
For now, I'll try to enjoy the crisp weather, the cool nights sitting outside, the changing leaves...
Goodbye summer, hello fall...
No comments:
Post a Comment