Friday, June 17, 2011

Top Five Friday: Movies

Today I got to thinking about my favorite movies... you know those great movies you can watch over and over? They may not be the world's best FILMS... but you find yourself watching them over and over again anyway? Thus I present my Friday top 5: films I can watch repeatedly without getting sick of them!!!

1. The Emperor's New Groove

By FAR the best disney movie (for adults) ever made. The innuendos, the sarcasm brought by David Spade and John Goodman's voices, their full acknowledgement that the plot is ridiculous, historically inaccurate, and logistically implausible. At only 90 minutes, it's the perfect movie for a rainy day when you're feeling down... it will be sure to get you laughing.



2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith

I have legitimately seen this movie over 20 times, and I still can't get enough of it. The banter between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's characters reflects so many relationships and marriages - with the far fetched married assassins spin thrown in. Tons of action and never boring, this is the movie I turn to when I'm in the mood to laugh and watch things blow up!



3. Anchorman

This movie is so quotable - and brings back so many laughs from college - that it has to make this list. I never get sick of the jokes. They still manage to get me laughing (do we see a trend? all these movies are comedies). It's also a favorite for Nate and I to quote around the apartment "that really got out of hand fast" or "i love lamp". Perfection.

4. Mean Girls

This is my favorite movie to watch with my sister - really funny, great writing, the amazing Tina Fey... need I go on? "You're like really pretty" "Thank you!" "So you agree? You think you're really pretty?" I could go on... but nothing beats lounging around on a weeknight in pjs watching this movie with my little sister! We really can recite the entire thing :)



5. Sweet Home Alabama

This is a favorite to watch with my mom and sister... it's so funny and sweet. Plus I just love Reese Witherspoon!

Honorable mentions: Billy Madison and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment