I arrived Thursday night – just in time to be called up on stage by Allyson, also a PiPhi and Mallory’s Maid of Honor, to serenade her with “Dixiland Delight.” Friday we woke up and celebrated with Mallory’s family at the Bridesmaids’ Luncheon. After that we did a little set up at the church and then were treated to manis and pedis at a Nail Bar, which is a new discovery for me – both a bar AND a salon. Sipping on chardonnay while getting a pedicure – not too shabby!
Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Father Jeff, who married Mallory and Michael, was hilarious and kept everyone laughing and the rehearsal short! And Mallory and the bridesmaids accidentally coordinated outfits – Mallory wore white, Allyson wore green, Harper wore coral, and my dress had all 3 colors! The dinner was yummy! Italian restaurant called Mom and Dad’s.
Saturday morning we all slept in and then relaxed at the downstairs market. Then it was time to get ready! Mallory had all the bridesmaids in different dresses – same fabric and color, but different styles. So we also had unique hair styles. I went with a Rhianna side bun, Harper with a classic Carrie Underwood half up-half down, and Allyson with a Taylor Swift loose side bun.
Nate had a great time too meeting all the piphis and being our unofficial photographer. He was a great sport about it (and a cute one at that). We had a wonderful weekend in Tallahassee, I was reminded of so many memories and special people I met there that helped shape me into the person I am today. I went into piphi nervous and curious about the girls that I would meet, if I would meet girls that would become life-long friends and sisters. Standing by Mallory’s side on her wedding day was all the more special, realizing how far we’d come and our year living in the piphi house together. I’m so happy for her and Michael and the life they are going to share together.
No comments:
Post a Comment