Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Nor'Easter

As anyone who's watched the news and weather channel knows, the northeast was hit with a HUGE snowstorm on Sunday! It was my first blizzard - I'd seen some snow in North Carolina, but that could not prepare me for what was in store here! Sunday afternoon it started snowing as Nate and I were heading to Rockefeller Center to (finally) see the Christmas tree. After that we walked to Times Square to catch a Broadway show with my family. When we came out, it was full-on blizzard! Gusts of wind 30-40 mph, snow EVERYWHERE - and we had my grandmother Mama Doris in a wheelchair (she can walk but in huge crowds don't want to risk someone pushing her down) so we had to make it back to the hotel in the snow! We have an amazing picture of all of us thanks to a very kind tourist:



Monday I got the good news everyone hopes for when a blizzard comes through - snow day from work! Nate and I got to go to Prospect Park and play in the snow. The park looked magical - absolutely amazing:



It was a total blast - and probably insanely obvious to everyone that we were Floridians who had never seen a blizzard before! We threw snowballs and we made snow angels. Nate taught me how to do it, and my angel actually turned out the best:



Lots of kids sledding too - this is definitely something I want to do next year!



All in all, we enjoyed the blizzard! Maybe after a few of them we'll be over it, but for now we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment