I came into town for my oldest friend's wedding - we have known each other since we were two years old! Jessica and I both went to Brentwood, where we were in school together until 2nd grade when I transferred to Talbot. We met again at Gainesville High School although not becoming close friends until we were seniors. We stayed close throughout college and after, the rest is history! I knew Austin in high school and then after college I worked for the same company as him in 2008 - Charles Perry Construction, which does a lot of the corporate construction in Gainesville - UF, churches, hospitals, etc. I was really excited when they started dating in 2009, and was not all surprised when they were engaged a year later! Celebrations started Friday! We started early, with meeting Jessica, Katie, and Jana at 9 to get our nails done – hot pink of course. I wore a little sundress and apparently didn’t look at the weather forecast because the night before a huge cold front had come through Gainesville (in my defense, it’s not typical for November!). Next we had our Bridesmaids’ Luncheon at the Gainesville Country Club, where I got to see Jessica’s cousins Kimber, Kelli, and Angie, who I’ve known since high school which is crazy! And Kimber’s girls, Kylie and Camryn. I couldn’t believe how big they were! They were teeny tiny when we were in high school! The luncheon was really fun:
After that though I needed some warmer clothes so we made a pit stop at the mall before the Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner! The rehearsal was the most productive of any rehearsal I’ve been to – it was a more complicated ceremony with standing, sitting, and filing in and out a couple times, so it was a good thing we rehearsed! Jessica wore a stunning bright turquoise dress at the rehearsal and looked amazing, I want to steal this dress! Her faux bouquet was cute too, it’s one tradition I really love with all the bows from your wedding gifts making a ribbon bouquet that you practice with at the rehearsal.
We relaxed back at the house, the rehearsal dinner was casual and fun, great food, followed by an early bedtime! Jessica, Caroline and me slept all in a row in a king size bed for Jessica’s last night as a single lady!

The ceremony was beautiful, and since there was some sitting everyone could see Jessica’s HOT PINK satin shoes! Anyone who knows Jessica knows she is classic but with a splash, and the hot pink shoes could not have been more her! We had quite the hunt for them over the summer… luckily we found them for the day! After the ceremony we headed back on the party bus to the Weingart house for cocktail hour. There I was reunited with Nate and one of my closest friends, Janeen and her husband Ryan. They are also expecting a girl in MARCH! Expect more blog posts on that later! We took some great photos down at the koi pond in the backyard/gazebo, here are my two favorites:



There were 18 of us in the wedding party plus Jessica and Austin – we put the PARTY in wedding party! I’ve known most of the group since middle or high school, so it was really fun to be reunited and celebrate with everybody. It was really fun to see Janeen & Ryan too, it's also weird to think they have been married almost 3 years! Crazy!

Lastly, four of us from high school were reunited! It’s hard to believe 9 years ago we were seniors – the ’03 girls! Here we are now at Jessica’s wedding – time has FLOWN and I am so thankful to still be close to these amazing women – Janeen, Ashley, Jessica, and Me!

It was an amazing weekend – so much fun celebrating Jessica and Austin and I could not be happier for them! It was a blast to be there for their day.
No comments:
Post a Comment