
Easter weekend was actually more of a week, but it was a lot of fun! The boyfriend and I (his name is Nate) had a lot of things planned so we were pretty busy! The first couple days we were in Orlando but we did a lot - Downtown Disney, Rainforest Cafe, City Walk, and Margaritaville the first day! Second day rockclimbing, dinner at a wonderful Italian place called Stefano's, and one of our favorite bars. Friday we had lunch plans with my friend Janeen and her husband Ryan, and dinner plans with my friend Jessica and her fiance Austin. Saturday we had lunch with his parents, a visit with my grandmother, and dinner/NCAA basketball at my parents' house! Needless to say, Sunday we were pretty tired!
Monday night I was in for another whirlwind - the NCAA championship game! It was a nailbiter that's for sure, but in the end my Blue Devils won! I was so excited - we took lots of pictures (the best is below) and couldn't wait to rub it in to all our UNC friends, haha. It is especially gratifying for us because one year ago we were all miserable having lost to UNC twice and then they won the championship. Well this year they didn't make it to the dance, so it was extra sweet! All kidding aside, it just goes to show in sports the tide can change in a year, so never be too mean and never take it for granted. Of course healthy rivalries are all in fun - I still have Boston RedSox fans as friends despite being raised a New York Yankee after all! And I went to FSU despite a big family connection to UF and the Gators! Well and now I'm at Duke, an ACC rival to FSU. Perhaps I have no strong sense of sports loyalty - but I do know I love sports and I love to have fun, and that's what it's all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment