Speaking somewhat vaguely, I definitely feel different than I felt last year. The spring was not the best time for me, a culmination of not really being myself for a year. I really credit my friends and family for sticking with me through all of that. And Tanzania, well it just was the absolute best experience of my life. It changed me, who I am and what I care about. I've always wanted to help people, and the MPP was a great program for the skills and content I need and am interested in. But still, I wasn't quite sure exactly how to help... but now I have a passion.
I had a great talk with JQ yesterday, just about being happy and being able to look inward and just be happy with yourself. Even if you aren't where you want to be, even if you are surrounded by things that are difficult or negative, or people who dislike you, it's important to be calm and happy in your heart. I think to me that's the difference with this year - that I am 100% happy with myself and the decisions I've made, and what I want to do and where I want to go. I'm almost 24, and it's funny to think 3 years ago where I thought I'd be - I was a senior at FSU, was for sure going to law school for 3 years and then working. I would have expected to be a 3L now, probably getting married or something along those lines. Well the point is, that wouldn't have made me happy, and I couldn't be happier with my choices. I really feel like God has a funny way of revealing your path to you, and it became so much clearer when I stopped trying to worry about each and every little thing.It's just life and as we say in Tanzania "Twende Tuishi" - live the life.
No comments:
Post a Comment