Earlier in December I had the opportunity to go to Los Angeles for a work meeting. It was my first time in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area and of course, my bucket list came to mind. Back in 2009 when I started the bucket list I put "see the Hollywood sign" and "take a picture with Britney Spears's star on the Walk of Fame. Of course, when you're traveling for your job, your first priority is work! Luckily, my first morning in Los Angeles I woke up at 5:30am local time (since my body clock was still on East Coast time) so I figured it was a great opportunity to go see the Hollywood sign! I took an Uber car up to the Griffith Observatory and I was treated to an absolutely beautiful sunrise and a clear view of the Hollywood sign and looking down on downtown Los Angeles. Highly recommend it as a great spot to see the Hollywood sign - my Uber driver also had fun, he was new to Los Angeles and had never been up there!
I am very fortunate that I really love my job and I had a great visit at the UNICEF USA Los Angeles office and a great partner meeting. In the evenings, I got to see a little bit more of the area and I have to say I really love Los Angeles! I did get to see the Britney Spears star so I marked not one, but two things off my bucket list! I also got to visit Abbot Kinney which is a really cool area in Santa Monica. Work will likely take me back to Los Angeles several times in 2015, and I'm looking forward to the visits!
Up next: Christmas and New Year's Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment