Thursday, August 14, 2014

Upcoming Adventures Announcement: Thanksgiving in Paris!

Photo Credit: Steve Johnson, world's best photographer
I know what you're thinking... you're going on another trip!? Are you and Nate crazy?! Where do you find the time/money/energy for another big trip. Well, let's rewind... Last fall I got a serious case of cabin fever/wanderlust. Plans were underway for our wedding just under a year away - our two week honeymoon trip for summer 2014 was booked, but there was nothing on the horizon for the near future. I got the idea to go to Paris for Thanksgiving from a friend of mine who went for Thanksgiving in 2012. It's a great time to go, Paris is cold but not freezing, it's very low season for tourists, but the city is already decorated for Christmas. March of Dimes and Columbia were closed Wednesday-Friday so we'd only need two days off work - it was a brilliant plan!

Unfortunately, the reality of saving for 2014 caught up with us and we were unable to make Thanksgiving in Paris a reality in 2013. So as this year went on, we started saving and found a great deal on a beautiful apartment rental in Paris. After getting through this summer, we decided to book it! We'll spend seven days, six nights in Paris - I can't wait to show Nate the city. I have been twice, in 2005 and 2007, and I know he will love it! We plan to live like locals, shopping and eating some meals in our apartment similar to how we are when we travel to Rome. We can't wait!

In related news: this has inspired me to resume Rosetta Stone French practice! I hope I will get through some of the lessons and be somewhat useful our week in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment