About this time ten years ago in August 2004, six ladies
from Lady Spirithunters (later to be eight) met at Andrews 228 for brunch to
celebrate a birthday (Melissa's). They had so much fun one of them (Dana) said
we should do this every month - "we'd be like The Breakfast Club."
The name stuck.
These friendships have meant so much to me. Some of us met
through LSH, while others, like Natalie & Laura, Courtney & I met in
high school. Many of the first meetings I remember vividly - Cara I met at
orientation (and suggested she sign up for some of the same classes - she
did!). Natalie I met at the first LSH mixer (I heard her laugh, walked right up
to her and said - we're going to be friends). Laura I met at the banquet - we
sat next to each other at our table. I admired she wore an "R"
necklace even though her name was Laura. It did confuse me a little. Cara, I
remember, introduced me to Kelly right around the time it started. Melissa, I
met at Lip Sync. Kristy I met in fall 2004 through a mutual friend in the
dorms. I'd already started following her around at that point. By the end of
Spring 2005, we were a solid group of eight - and we still returned to Andrews
228 for brunch!
Not all of us graduated together. Cara did degree in three,
graduating first in Spring 2006. Kristy followed soon after, at the end of
summer 2006. Courtney also graduated early - Fall 2006. By Spring, there were
five of us left and we went out in style! Natalie, Laura, Kelly, Melissa, and I
did a photo shoot the day of graduation and took some of the best pictures that
I still treasure to this day:
The Breakfast Club is the most amazing group of friends I
made in college (who I've now been friends with more than twice as long as we
were in college... oof!). We've celebrated six weddings and had additional mini
reunions - and in most cases at least 7-8 of us were there! Here are a few of
my favorite memories:
Can't wait to see what the next 10 years brings this
fantastic group of women and friends. I love you all!












No comments:
Post a Comment