Wow. WHAT A WEEK! This week two of my friends from college (and the same fabulous group of ladies famously known as The Breakfast Club) announced their engagements.
 |
Melissa, Me, & Natalie at FSU Baseball Spring 2004
|
I first met Natalie at a Lady Spirithunters mixer in February 2004. I heard this loud, energetic, hilarious voice and I immediately walked up to her and said "hi I'm Dana, nice to meet you, we're going to be friends." And although she admittedly thought I was a bit crazy we have been friends ever since! Almost ten years later, she has been a true friend. This summer when I was visiting my family in Florida for a couple weeks, Courtney and I took a trip down to visit Natalie in Sarasota. There I met Zack - Natalie's (at the time) boyfriend and now fiance. I could tell immediately this was it for her - she was absolutely glowing! I could not be happier that she has found the love of her life and I wish her all the happiness in the world!
 |
| The Breakfast Club at LSH Initiation February 2006 |
Melissa and I met at some point during spring 2004 also through Lady Spirithunters - although our first meeting could have happened earlier, we really met the night of Lip Sync when Lady Spirithunters came in first place! It was Melissa's birthday in August 2004 that led to the creation of the Breakfast Club - me, Natalie, Kelly, Kristy, and Cara took Melissa to Andrew's downtown for brunch for her birthday. We had such a blast Natalie suggested we do it once a month and I said "yes and we could be the Breakfast Club!" I didn't expect it to stick, but it did. Laura and Courtney were soon part of the gang and throughout the years we've all managed to stay close. I met David, Melissa's now fiance, on a double date in Chapel Hill in February 2010. I brought Nate and she brought David to the West End Wine Bar. When she told me about this adorable dentist who shared her love of board games I knew he was a keeper. I'm so excited for their future together!
 |
| Melissa & David at West End Wine Bar Winter 2010 |
 |
| Zack & Natalie in downtown Sarasota Summer 2012 |
Congratulations to the happy couples... I'm so excited for you both and wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment