Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh Canada!

Canada was such a blast! At the beginning of my contract break, we headed to Toronto to meet up with my family. We started by taking in the sights - including the top of the CN Tower with views across Toronto. There's a glass floor you can walk on - but honestly it terrified me! Nate and Jenni were a lot more comfortable with it. Still the views were worth the trip up, I highly recommend it!



We spent a lot of time at the waterfront - it was beautiful. We ate there twice, once outside, and it was really beautiful. There are also great views of the Toronto skyline. I really love being on the water - growing up in Florida and now living in NYC, I don't think I could live far away from it!



We took in a Blue Jays versus Yankees game and had front row seats! The Blue Jays stadium is awesome! It has a retractable roof, which was closed when we got there but opened for the game. We got Swisher to wave at us a few times too! It was a hot gameday but a lot of fun, plus the Yankees won :)



The highlight of the trip was our day at Niagara Falls. It was worth the hype and more. I'd seen pictures, but seeing it in person you can hear the water, which sounds like thunder. It's so powerful. You also take in the mist and seeing both falls at once (the US side and Canada side) is breathtaking. It should be on everyone's bucket list!





We didn't do the Maid of the Mist - it seemed like a long wait and a short boat ride, and most people didn't get a front row spot. Instead we did "behind the falls" which I'd really recommend - you get to see behind the falls, and also there's a viewing platform right next to the falls. We got SOAKED - here's me and Nate:



I was trying to take pictures, we were all laughing, it was hilarious. Here's a picture of me jumping for joy! What a great trip to Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment