In no particular order, here at 5 places I'd love to go next, time and money permitting!
1. Bora Bora: Pictures of this place just don't look real to me. It's absolutely gorgeous, and far away from anything. It's where I will go one day on my honeymoon! You can stay in a glass-bottom private hut in an inlet lagoon where you can see the fish! Great restaurants, plus you can tour the island by land or by boat.
2. Capetown, South Africa: I was supposed to go here at the end of my internship in Tanzania summer 2009 - but after a bout with malaria AND a parasite, my parents thought it best I come home. Probably was for the best - but I still want to go!! I'd like to climb Table Mountain and travel to Robin's Island, where Nelson Mandela was held for 20 years before becoming President of South Africa.
3. Rio de Janiero, Brazil: seeing Christ the Redeemer, one of the wonders of the world, plus proximity to rainforests going north, and the beautiful beaches and food - this is a must go in the next few years!
4. Dubai, United Arab Emirates: pictures of this city are unlike anything I've ever seen. I would love to go here - of course it's ridiculously expensive, maybe one day! Ideally I would stay in the tallest building in the world - the hotel. There are so many things to do and see in this city, I've heard it's just incredible.
5. Great Wall of China: there's no one place in China I want to go more than the great wall - I'd love to see the cities as well, Beijing, Shanghai, and even the nearby Hong Kong. But more than anything I want to see and walk the great wall!
Happy Friday one and all, and even if finances restrict you, never stop dreaming about the places you can travel to!
Awesome! :) I'm definitely going to do an international edition of this soon. All of your places sound awesome! I'd like to go to Bora Bora as well...those waters are amazing! And thank you for putting me on your blog list! ;)
ReplyDelete