Friday, July 22, 2011

Top 5 Friday: 5 Things I'm Into at the Moment

Hello! Happy Friday! Today I'll write about my top 5 fun things that are interesting me right now:

1. Pinterest. This website is so fun and somewhat addicting. remember all those times you see a cute top, or pretty wedding photo and wish you could save it to remember later? I think of pinterest as a great brainstorming tool, where you can organize clippings of favorite things. I love it!

2. Harry Potter. I recognize that I'm the very LAST person on this bandwagon, but I will be honest: I had never gotten into it in the past, I found the first book slightly boring, and the first movie slightly scary. Never got any further than that. However, since I've been on vacation I've read the first two books (and I'm well into the third) and I've seen ALL 8 movies. I will say it's completely grown on me and I love it! I'm a potterhead!

3. Being outside. After being cooped up inside all winter in NYC, I'm finding myself wanting to be outside more and more! In Canada we spent a ton of time outside, and back in Florida I'm spending as much as is feasible given the high temps! My endurance definitely isn't what it used to be with the heat - but I'm trying.

4. Taking photos. With the new camera, I'm just starting to experience with different settings and learning how the manual options on the camera work. This is a slow work in progress! We'll see how it goes!

5. Words with Friends. This scrabble game on your phone is SO addicting and really fun! Also, as opposed to some other games, I feel like I'm learning things - vocabulary, strategy and logic. It's also great that you can play electronically and with friends! It's a lot of fun and I'm enjoying it!

Honorable Mention: Learning French - this is something I WANT to be working on right now, however I am being incredibly lazy on my vacation right now so I'm not focused - but I hope to be very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment