Friday, May 27, 2011

Top Five Friday

Saw this idea on a friend's blog and I love it! Something different from the travel updates, and a fun way to remind myself to post something at least once a week (instead of once a month, I mean you guys follow me for a reason!).

So today I'm doing the five fun questions she posted (of course I have VERY different answers).

1. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I have to say Italian food. I love pasta. I love wine. I could eat Italian every day, every meal - I would definitely miss sushi, mexican, burgers, etc. but I know I could do it and still enjoy it, since I have basically done it before for several months! I did cheat... I had the occasional fast food just to have something else!

2. If you won $1 Million in the lottery tomorrow, how would you spend your money?

This is a tricky one! There are so many things I would love to do. I would want to buy property (probably not a house, since we live in NYC but don't want to raise a family). But I would buy property where one day we could build a dream house! I would send my parents on a trip to Paris - I want them to go and they've never been! I would pay off all my student loans. At this point I might have half left... assuming I don't have to pay taxes on it, I would save half (250,000) and put it in an account where it would accrue interest (that would be the future house-building fund). I would donate part of the rest to WFP for our hunger programs (I seriously believe in them THAT much). I would probably use the rest for small things - being able to travel and visit family and friends easier, maybe go on an around the world trip with Nate. Put some towards our wedding. Things like that. No huge purchases.

3. If you could travel through time, when and where would you go?

Limitless possibilities here! I would want to go back and witness lots of the mysteries of the world... the birth of Jesus. I would want to go back to ancient Rome, especially since I have seen the ruins in the modern day. I would love to see it in its splendor. I would want to meet my favorite historical figure - Anne Boleyn - because of how much she changed history, especially for being a woman at the time. I would go to a Yankees game and watch Micky Mantle and Joe Dimaggio play. I would want to see the dinosaurs too! Maybe even see my parents as children, and my grandparents as parents. That would be really neat.

4. If you had to give up one of your senses, which one would it be?

Smell. Those who know me know I already suffer from an unusually poor sense of smell. I usually cannot smell anything unless I am very close to it, like flowers and perfume. I think it's okay though... I would never give up sight or sound.

5. If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?

Power of movement against gravity - being able to move things with my hands, move myself like flying. If you can manipulate gravity you can do a whole range of things. Hehe. That would be fun. Would also help alleviate my fear of heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment