Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Start of August

August is off to a great start! First, on the job front… after only six weeks of job searching, Nate was offered a job at Columbia University! He will be an assistant in the office of the Chairman of the Math Department. It is a great job and he is perfect for it! Columbia is a great University to work for, and he starts August 9th. He will also be working very close to my sister Jenni, which is really nice too! His subway stop will be the Columbia University stop, which is even highlighted in the subway stop at 116th street:



Funny enough, when Jenni gave Nate a tour of Columbia back in June, we walked by the Math Department and it was one of the few buildings I took a picture of – it is a beautiful building and it is in the center of campus, near the Low Library and the main quad.



As for me, I start work on August 17th. I’m really excited to be back working for the World Food Programme, and on these hunger initiatives that are so important to me. Every day it seems I read more about the global food crises that are occurring around the world, and WFP is working hard to be there in times of emergency and rebuilding. It is both exciting and a privilege to work for this organization!



Last weekend I had a blast as two of my girlfriends from college were in town! Representing the Breakfast Club, Me, Laura and Natalie were in full force Saturday night as we went to dinner in Soho with our boyfriends (well… Laura with her HUSBAND)! It’s still hard to believe one of us is married – and Cara is next! We had a fun night and it got me even more excited for everyone being reunited in Chicago in October.

Lucky for me, Natalie stayed a week and today we had a lovely lunch date in Soho followed by shoe shopping and mini cupcakes – I had smores, cookie dough, and red velvet. Heaven!

Last update for August – Monday Nate and I went to the top of the Empire State Building at night. It was breathtaking! It was so clear, you could see out to all the boroughs and Jersey, all the bridges were lit up and the buildings in the city – so many lights! Again, my little digital camera hardly does it justice, but it was really beautiful and a fun night. Nate had done it before, but I had not surprisingly enough! It was windy but not too cool yet, I highly recommend it to anyone who visits NYC!



Coming up next… Friday is me & Nate’s 6 month anniversary! We are celebrating by having a night on the town, classic New York – a nice dinner followed by drinks at a jazz bar. More to come on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment