SURPRISE!!! With the help of some fantastic friends, I pulled off surprising Nate the night before his 30th birthday! I call it Inception: the surprise within a surprise party. It all started when I left work early on Thursday. Nate thought I might have to work late, but in reality I was setting up both surprises. I got his birthday present, wrapped it, and set it on the kitchen table with a confirmation for dinner for two that night at The Smith. I added a card from me, and I even took Siena pup for a long walk so she'd be tired and wouldn't walk during dinner. He was genuinely surprised at surprise #1... thus did not see surprise #2 coming! As soon as we left the apartment, my best girlfriends came over to set up. The weeks before I had ordered everything - a custom cake from Magnolia bakery, decorations, you name it! The girls got the banner hung up, picked up all the food, and set up the table - and most importantly, let all our friends in! Surprise #2 would have gone off without a hitch EXCEPT we got a flash storm and Nate and I were totally soaked - and as a result, people didn't leave our restaurant table on time so we were seated 20 minutes late. Now I had to rush Nate through dinner, claiming I wasn't hungry and then, later, that I didn't feel well. I also didn't want him ordering dessert, knowing his birthday cake was waiting at home!
In the lobby I texted upstairs to get ready! I had Nate go in first and they threw on the lights - our apartment was filled with our friends and Nate's face (as you can see above) was one of genuine surprise (and a little terror...). Once the surprise settled in he enjoyed everything - the red velvet cake, the snacks, champagne, and local blueberry beer thanks to our friends! This was such a special way to celebrate his 30th - and he was totally surprised and said I "set the bar high" for future surprises. It wouldn't have been possible without all the amazing friends we made in the city. Such a fun and special night!!
In the lobby I texted upstairs to get ready! I had Nate go in first and they threw on the lights - our apartment was filled with our friends and Nate's face (as you can see above) was one of genuine surprise (and a little terror...). Once the surprise settled in he enjoyed everything - the red velvet cake, the snacks, champagne, and local blueberry beer thanks to our friends! This was such a special way to celebrate his 30th - and he was totally surprised and said I "set the bar high" for future surprises. It wouldn't have been possible without all the amazing friends we made in the city. Such a fun and special night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment