
Oh what a fun time!! Nate and I took a cooking class at Eataly with a gift card we got for Christmas! When we looked at all the class options, the choice for us was clear - the one all about cheese called "Lots a Mozza" - everything you'd ever want to know about Mozzarella cheese! The class did not disappoint! We started out sampling three different types of Mozzarella - burrata, the classic buffola, and Eataly's signature made before our very eyes! Our favorite, hands-down, was the burrata. It was amazing!

The second course was a Mozzarella take on grilled cheese (delicious)! You can see I enjoyed it! Then we got to see Mozzarella in action, first paired with a perfectly-done al dente pasta from the region where Napoli and Pompeii are called Campania. The pasta was called Vesuvio because it's shaped as they say, like Mount Vesuvius! The final course was chicken parmesan - it was amazing but I sadly could not finish it - I was stuffed! We also had signature white and red wines paired throughout the class. If you're ever in NYC and have the chance, I'd highly recommend a class at Eataly. Our teacher was the head chef at Eataly, Alex, who previously worked at Del Posto and Babbo - he knew his stuff! It was the perfect way to get in the spirit for our 10 day trip to Italy!
No comments:
Post a Comment