
After 3 beautiful, intense months in Tanzania I am finally home! I landed in DC after my 15 hour flight from Qatar and I was relieved to finish that flight - longest one I've been on, so far. It took 2 hours to get off the plane, get through customs, and get my darn painting from baggage claim before I was able to give my mom a BIG HUGE HUG!
We drove to North Carolina that night so I wasn't in DC more than that. I did okay staying awake until the last 30 minutes of the car ride - at that point I think I was half asleep and my mom said I wasn't really speaking coherently. We got back to my little apartment in Durham and I crashed!
My first meal of choice was Shiki Sushi Saturday night with one of my closest lifelong friends Erica, and my mom of course! I forgot how much I LOVE sushi! That was really enjoyable! The next day we drove back to Florida and I got to see my Dad and Grandma!!!
To my surprise, Wednesday my little sister flew down from New York to surprise me. My dad claimed to get a phone call from my car insurance company and was all kinds of mad so I was supposed to go out to my car and get my registration... and out jumped my sister! I was shocked and my whole family was in on it - including my dad, the actor of the moment!
Thursday and Friday my mom, Jenni and I went to Treasure Island which is pretty close to St. Petersberg/Tampa. It was beautiful and relaxing. I am really enjoying spending time with my friends and family - Ashley came into town so I saw her, and Jessica and I had a 3 hour dinner date to catch up on everything!!! Tonight Courtney is coming to town to see me, and she'll be also saying hi to my family. I'm writing a "final" blog post with some thoughts on my overall experience - that will be up later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment